Urban Food Policy Forum: Food Policy in New York City Since 2007: Lessons for the Next Decade
In this session, key New York City food policy makers will discuss how food policy governance works in New York City and what has changed in the last decade. The goal is to identify strategies that can strengthen food governance and make progress in advancing food equity in New York City.
- Kim Kessler, Assistant Commissioner, Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Tobacco Control, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and former Food Policy Coordinator for the City of New York
- Jan Poppendieck, Senior Fellow, CUNY Urban Food Policy Institute, Professor Emerita of Sociology, Hunter College
- Ben Thomases, Executive Director, Queens Community House and former Food Policy Coordinator for the City of New York
- Barbara Turk, Director of Food Policy, Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services
- Craig Willingham, Deputy Director, CUNY Urban Food Policy Institute
Doors open at 8:45am. Panel begins promptly at 9am. Please allow additional time to check in at security desks.